Thursday, January 23, 2014

Blog Post #1 What about EDM310?

To begin with, I do not know what to think about EDM310. I was warned that it is a hard and time consuming class, but I have also heard that it is an easy class if you do all the work. I do not know which side I will be leaning towards when I walk out of the classroom at the end of the semester, I guess that all depends on how much work I contribute to this class. I am normally a hard worker when it comes to classwork and homework, but sometimes I am forgetful when it comes to assignments and due dates. That is one of my greater weaknesses thus far in college. If I can keep up with assignments and stay on schedule, I am confident I will pass this class.

EDM310 is very different than any other class I have taken at this university. Most other classes have been lecture or team based learning classes which did not require 9 hours of work per week. The thought of having to work for 9 hours a week on just one class does kind of scare me. I plan to make a schedule and plan all out my assignments and due dates so I can keep up and not miss any more due dates.

On the other hand, I think it is very interesting that we are being taught about the media side of teaching because technology is becoming a major device of learning in the classroom today and will continue to grow as technology advances. Teachers need to keep up with the latest technology to make it easier in the classroom when teaching their students.

I am looking forward to learning a lot from this class and making myself a better student and teacher.

2 comments:

  1. Very late.

    "...but sometimes I am forgetful when it comes to assignments and due dates." I can see that is the case.


    ReplyDelete
  2. C4C #1

    “To begin with, I do not know what to think about EDM310.” I understand completely when you write about being perplexed concerning EDM310! The first week of this class had me spinning, I was so overwhelmed and feeling defeated before I had any idea about what was even required. It can be said, I have been complacent in the past as far as technology goes but those days are over because teachers today must stay up to date if they wish to keep students interested, as well as continue to maintain employability. I too deem myself a hard worker; however, that alone will not necessarily mitigate success in this class. A person should also work smart. Writing things down helps me stay on task, along with adhering to deadlines, navigating the required documents and exploring all associated blogs and/or websites should prove to benefit all aspiring EDM310 graduates.

    “Teachers need to keep up with the latest technology to make it easier in the classroom when teaching their students.” The future of teaching and learning will be along the same lines as the curriculum included in this course. Technology will not be stopped, as much as I hate to admit it; I am not up to date on the technological trends and fear I have allowed myself to fall behind the times. This course is a starting point, a jumping off point into a pool of knowledge we have only begun to explore. Our students do not resist what technology has given us and neither should we. This class as uncomfortable as it may be; if you are a future teacher, is for your own good.


    ReplyDelete